Things have been pretty quiet around here lately, because hello Captain Obvious, my last post was a week ago. I had been doing really well about maintaining a good schedule, but then that sort of fell by the wayside. Blogging is hard. I have glimpses of motivation where the ideas are literally overflowing from my brain faster than I can write them down, and then I hit that wall where I really just don't care to blog. It's not that I don't enjoy it, because I definitely do, but it's more so that I'm still mastering that balance between my career, social life, and the blogosphere.
Because I've been so MIA lately, I figured what better way to get back on track than to share what I've been up to (and not so much) lately! I'm on one of my oh-em-gee-so-many-ideas sprees, so expect to see a variety of new posts coming your way soon!
What I've Been Doing
1. March Madness. No explanation needed. My Cards (both men's and women's) are on to the Sweet 16 and my office has a group bracket challenge going that my girl Chelcey is dominating. I always talk about how much I love Derby, but this is another time of the year that is high on my list of favorites.
2. Shopping. Something about when the seasons change always makes me feel like the clothes in my closet are inadequate to fully do the warmer weather justice. For that reason, Chelcey and I have hit up the mall a couple times recently and I've gotten some new pieces that I can't wait to style.
3. Watching Friends. I'm on the last season, and I honestly don't know what I'm going to do when it's over. By the time I finish, I will have gotten through the entire show in a little over two months. Hi, my name is Amanda and I am a serial Netflix binge-watcher.
What I Haven't Been Doing
1. Filing my taxes. I know, I know. I am an accountant for goodness sake. And you would think I would want my refund but I have been the queen of procrastination about taxes this year. This is a task that's going on my to-do list this weekend for sure, and I won't be leaving my apartment until it's done.
2. Working out. Remember how I said I was all excited that they finally opened the gym over at my apartment? Well, that excitement lasted for all of two days. I'll be perfectly honest, part of what is holding me back is the fact that I absolutely hate washing my hair, and I'm not about to do that every day if I get sweaty and gross from working out. I need to find a way to refresh gym hair without fully washing it, so by all means, if you have any tips then please let me know!
3. Getting to work earlier. I made it a goal to start slowly getting up earlier week by week so that I wouldn't be that girl who waltzes into the office at 9:00 (9:05), but this has not worked out so well for me. Read - what I really need to be doing is getting out of bed earlier. My alarm goes off at the same time, but I lay in bed far too long jammin' to my T Swift cd and before I know it I'm scrambling to get out the door. People have suggested that I switch to a buzzer alarm, but I'm really not a fan of having a mild heart attack every morning from the abrupt sound.
What I'm Going to Be Doing
1. The change of the wardrobe ritual. Spring has sprung around here, and there's no going back. So if Mother Nature decides to throw a curve ball of a 45 degree day our way next week, you can bet I will still be rocking my colorful ankle pants and blouses. Sorry not sorry.
2. Blogging. Like I said before, I'm currently in an upswing when it comes to things around here. I have a ton of ideas and things I want to share, so the OCD in me needs to settle down so I can actually accomplish some of them. I came home from work last week to find the sweetest happy mail and blogging books from Chelcey that I've already delved into a bit, and they've definitely catapulted my motivation into overdrive.
3. Vacation. My sister trip to the beach is less than two months away at this point, which totally counts as the near future, right? And since I have swimwear that I am actually really confident in wearing, I couldn't be more thrilled to just relax by the ocean with a good book and spend some quality time with my sister.
What have you been up to lately?