In case you didn't realize, I've amped up my posting schedule this week, aka every day, and I'm pretty darn proud of myself for sticking with it! With some encouragement from my blogging PIC Chelcey, I decided to make some changes around here in the form of more content that will be coming your way each week. The change of seasons always inspires me to try new things, and now that warm weather seems to be sticking around I want to share more style, beauty and life inspiration with you. I can't guarantee that there won't be a day or two skipped in between, but I'm going to try my best to keep the creativity flowing. As much as I may dread having to write a blog post some days, I truly do find myself being happiest when I'm pouring my heart and soul into this little corner of the web.
Today I wanted to let you in on what's been happening in my life, and you know, just write. This is a blog after all! As much as I love sharing tips and tricks and beauty and style posts, sometimes it feels good to just sit down in front of the computer and let the thoughts flow from my brain (except for those days when I got nothing ... awkward).
1. Vacation all I ever wanted ... In less than a month my happy little self will be sitting on the beach, drink in hand with one of those little umbrellas, soaking in the sound of ocean and maybe a little sun (I'm the poster-child for fair skin that just won't tan, so beach umbrellas are my bff). I've already got vacation-brain so it will be a miracle if I survive the next couple of weeks and manage not to forget anything. I'm also planning a little getaway in June to Chicago with my momma for her birthday. I've actually never been if you can believe it, so please fill me in on all the best spots that we should check out while we are there!
2. If the pants fit ... The other day when getting dressed for work, I decided to reach far back into the depths of my closet where those "I'll fit into this eventually" clothes live, and lo and behold the pants actually fit! I was pretty happy about it, because I haven't worn them in a very long time. I can really see a difference physically and feel a difference inside in my body since I started meal prepping (and have been keeping it up). Now, just imagine what a steady exercise routine will do. It's a work in progress.
3. And down the stretch they come ... It's officially Derby season around here, aka my most favorite time of the year, and I am so excited about it. There's a certain buzz that fills the city for Derby and you best believe I will be soaking it all in, meaning lots of good food, drinks and time with friends and family.
4. Treat yo-self ... I finally bit the bullet and bought a new camera! I honestly haven't purchased a camera probably since early college and while there's technically nothing wrong with my little Canon point and shoot, it was time for an upgrade. Enter the Nikon 1 J4. I'm no photography pro, so this little guy is perfect because it gives the quality and options of a DSLR with the convenience of a point and shoot. First order of business and will be documenting my trips.
5. I'm moving - I couldn't come up with a clever enough way to introduce this one, so I figured I'd just come right out and say it. Yes, you read that right. And yes, I just moved a year ago. But I'm excited for this new adventure, having roommates for the first time, and all of the fun that comes along with a fresh start and blank space.
Happy Thursday y'all!