Fall is almost upon us, and I can hardly contain myself. Well, it's like a month away if you want to get technical, but close enough. Besides pumpkin everything, fall means football. College football. The University of Louisville Cardinals to be exact. I pride myself on being a die-hard Card, although my extreme girly tendencies might suggest otherwise. Don't be fooled by the lipstick and curls though, I can hold my own when it comes to sports and cheering on my team.
Journey with me, if you will, through the thoughts that run through my head on game day...
1. I am perfectly ok with being a bigger fan than you. You being the guy. The guys I have dated in the past, specifically. For some reason, I end up being with guys who don't know the schedule and roster by heart. I mean, what gives? But it's ok, I exude enough fanatic-ness for the both of us.
2. I know how to keep score and the rules of the game, from first down to touch down and everything in between. You won't catch me playing dumb for attention. I'll leave that up to the girl over there asking which one is the quarterback.
3. Don't be scared if I start to pace the floor and yell at the TV. That's just my way of controlling my nerves. I mean come on, the game is on the line here with 3 seconds left, so how can you be so calm?! Bonus points to me if I can keep the expletives in, but it's probably not gonna happen.
4. If we can't make it to the game in person, we better go watch it at a bar. And we better get there a couple hours early to get premium seats. You know those people who walk into a movie 10 minutes in and wonder why there aren't any good seats? Yeah, that won't be us. And if that doesn't happen, I will sit my butt down on the couch and watch it from start to finish, unless I'm up pacing of course.
5. I am not afraid to accessorize the crap out of a regular U of L t-shirt. I'm talking statement necklaces, cute cardigans and boots for chilly days, bright red lips and coordinating nails. A girly-girl can show team spirit too, ya know!
If you find yourself nodding in agreement with some of my confessions, then please, can I get a heck yeah! Throw up the L too while you're at it (Louisville, duh!).
For all of the other girly-girl sports fanatics out there, who is your favorite team?